02 April 2011

eighteen.

i've got an inordinately catchy song caught deep in my brain.
there is something about this song that has had my toes dancing for days now. upon further investigation, i've realized i've got a serious soft spot for brett dennen. this is possibly due to one of the following facts: he, like me, is a northern california native, playing shows barefoot seems to be a recurring theme with him, and he has an elephant on his guitar. he's got no shame when it comes to using that voice-from-another-generation of his to warble out the high notes, and, oh, he's a ginger.
i must have listened to this song a hundred times in the past few days, and every time it's just pure rollick-y sunshine gladness.




sydney, whenever you feel unhappy
all you have to do is call me
i can make you laugh

you know that i was never that cool
but i won't be taken for a fool
if they wanna talk trash
they can talk, talk, talk
but they better come correct
and if you ever need me, call me
i'll come runnin' straight to you
straight from the airport
(i'll come runnin')
cut through the customs line
(i'll come runnin')

1 comment:

Christina @ The Murrayed Life said...

Love this song! Saw him at SXSW but he looked sooo funny and bad that it was off-putting and I couldn't really watch much. Shallow: maybe... but still true!
Have you heard Gone In the Morning- Newton Faulkner? It's my upbeat jam of the moment.